Monday, August 31, 2009

Little update from me!

Hi friends!

So if it seems a little quiet in the NZ Scrapbook blogosphere it would be that I the talky one have been aways. Aways aways that is... visited my sister Joanne (part of the NZ Scrapbook team) who lives in San Fransisco...

Joanne, her husband Eric and myself (less impressed with the kissing going on!)

Attended CHA the Craft and Hobby show in Florida where you are going to be THRILLED with the ordering I did of the new seasons product. We are talking stunning Christmas products, fabulous new ranges from all our favourite brands plus I added a BUNCH of new brands into the mix! Stay tuned for lots of fun events and announcements as they start coming in over the next weeks and months.

At the trade show with collage artist Claudine Helmuth

Not to do things by halfs I jumped on another plane (ok two) and found my way to the North West of England to catch up with a friend and her family whom I havent seen for 10 years - and while I was in the neck of the woods visited some incredible places. SO loved London...

Picadilly Circus - Some days I wanted to pinch myself to check I wasn't dreaming!

Scotland was breathtaking...
Adored Scotland... countryside, Edinburgh architecture, festivals, people... the Loch Ness!

and I even got to skirt over to Wales, visit Liverpool (the birthplace of the Beatles), attend a concert of my teenage fan crush... OH and I shopped alongside (ok more like not so descretly positioned myself in the near vicinty) Victoria Beckham at Heathrow Airport! True!

I TRIED to take pics but I would make a terrible paparazzi - I was so nervous security would bop me on the head my hand was shaking and the camera couldn't focus!


Basically I had a great time with lots of stories to tell and am equally super excited to be home.

Today was my first day back at work and the class schedule for September now up on the website. We have a great line up of classes with more being added as the month progresses. Appropriately check out this clever page by Tracy using the Making Memories Travel range. Made to look like a suitcase the top section flips up to reveal more photos and journaling - I may just have to book in to that!

Tracy's travel page layout runs this Thursday 3rd September at 7pm. Class fee is $25 and includes materials. Phone 09 912 0665 to book.

Some of the classes on the calendar may look a little like gibberish without images but I've taken pics and they will be added to the calendar and here on the Blog asap so will make more sense. If you have any questions of course you can phone the store at 09 912 0665 or check out the samples on display in store.

Hope you have been well. Yay Spring! Yay Home!
Will TALK soon :)

~Kathleen

2 comments:

Barbara F said...

Nice to have you back, Kathleen! Real life now beckons.

Kathleen said...

Thanks Barbara! and totally - I'm ready! :)