Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5 fun and productive wet weather paper craft activities

We have had such a lovely spell of brilliantly fine weather. It was a sure thing that the rain would come sooner or later. Of course the sun will come again but until then why not make the most of the indoors with 5 fun and productive wet weather paper craft activities.

1. Sort those photos. Pull out those envelopes of stashed photos that haven't been touched. The 80's albums with the sticky cover sheets, the boxes in storage, the photos that have slipped to the bottom of the drawer. Don't forget this also includes films (yes, I know you have some somewhere!) that remain undeveloped and files on your computer yet to be sorted, printed and backed up. My fav method with printed photos is small lunch bags (the snack size fit the 4"x6" photos) labeled with a permanent marker with the date and event/subject.
2. Attend a class. Expand your craft knowledge while creating a project by attending one of our many classes on offer. This week we have classes every day. See this post for details.
3. Play with your supplies. Play. seriously. Or if you want a more productive word - organize. Sorting my ribbons, putting my rhinestones in pocket sleeves, recording my Copic marker numbers not only leaves me with a tidier workspace but it sparks so many ideas I can't wait to create.
4. Involve the kids. The trick to this so you are not left with a huge mess and mutilated paper is select a project they want to do, define the materials they can use and the area to work. It could be a room door hanger, a photo of them and a special friend, a decorated name plate for their book bag. For example, my 9 year old daughter wants to make some greeting cards to sell. Being an entrepreneurial type myself I am encouraging this. I give her papers and embellishments that I am happy for her to use. She knows that she can create on her desk and that its not to spread across her room or into the lounge. So far she has created six cards and is keen to make more.
5. Create cards. Sticking with the card theme, I love to create cards in preparation for upcoming events. They are quick to make and wonderful to have on hand for that special thank you or pick me up for a friend.


What is your favourite wet weather paper crafting activity? Post your ideas in the comments below.

Have a wonderful day!
~Kathleen

No comments: