Friday, June 3, 2011

Baby flowers..


With new stock of miniature flowers just arrived I am reminded how much I enjoy using them in both scrapbook layouts and greeting cards. This particular shipment has a huge array of colours, some with tinted edges and some with micro bead petal tips.


My fav techniques with these tiny flowers:
  • Mix these little babies up with the larger sized flowers. I especially like how they look with the new Kaiser florals.
  • Mix the colours up. Same colour family but different colours (eg: pinks and reds together) is especially effective.
  • Take advantage on the long stems. Create a trailing look with the long elegant stem, twist them around each other to create a vine or wreath.
  • Hand colour them. Touch Copic Markers or another ink pen to the edges of the petal for a custom colour.
  • Dot tiny rhinestones on their tips. Sparkly! Add Kindyglitz for double glittery action.

I store my miniature flowers in a preserving jar on my art desk. Even when I'm not using them they are just so pretty.

Check out the lovely range of colours and styles in store now.



No comments: