Friday, August 3, 2012

Journal Crop this Thursday with guest Kim Ravenscroft

Journal Crop this Thursday
with Special Guest Kim Ravenscroft

Hi friends,
We have an exciting crop lined up for this coming Thursday 9th August at 6.30pm.  Many of you may know that I (Kathleen) am pretty into journals and mixed media art and look forward to the Journal Crops and workshops that I run here in the store.  This particular journal crop is going to be extra special and to say I am looking forward to it is an understatement!  This month we have special guest Kim Ravenscroft coming to share with us her love for journal art and show her extensive collection of journals.  I had the opportunity to look through some of her journals on Friday night and after wards felt invigorated and inspired and I know after this Journal Crop you will too.



This is what Kim has to say about keeping art journals:

"My love for journaling has only really developed in the last three years when a friend from work introduced me to the world of scrapbooking.  I attended my first ever journaling class in March 2009, taught by the lovely Kathleen.  That was the beginning of my love affair with art journaling.

Since then, I have attended scrapbook classes, rummaged around the online mixed media fraternity, completed online art journaling classes, and collected many inspiring mixed media mags, I even went to America to an Art Retreat and met and became friends with so many wonderful like minded women.

On this journey I have learnt a lot of really cool techniques and have been introduced to “outside the box thinking” when it comes to producing my own art.  Even though I continue to learn and try out more and more fantastic techniques, I now want to share some of these wonderful things with others so that they too can feel the joy and satisfaction that I have experienced."



Kim's enthusiasm for art journaling is infectious, so I would encourage anyone with an interest in Journal Keeping, Art Journals and Mixed Media Art to attend. It's going to be a fun and inspiring evening.  Please bring a sketchbook or journal with you as there may be opportunity to try some techniques during the night.  We have some art journals available to purchase in the store for $5.99 if you don't have one already.  Also if you have been keeping art journals/smash books already please bring those with you as we would love to be inspired by what you are doing too.  Cost for the evening is just $10 and includes tea/coffee/supper and technique materials.

Please phone 09 912 0665 or email info@nzscrapbook.co.nz if you would like to attend.

Book it in!
~Kathleen


No comments: