Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Lots to share...

Firstly new products in store from We R Memory Keepers.
1) Really beautiful leather post bound albums. These albums have a classic look and are available in sixteen different colours, here are just a few of the colours - gorgeous aren't they?!
2) Themed embossed cardstock stickers. There are several different themes available, but my favourite would have to be the tooth fairy ones - perfect for those pages about a child losing their first tooth. Or create a special treasure box for your little one to keep their letters from the tooth fairy in.
3) Now these are going fast so you will need to be quick...metallic rub ons! I can see why these are so popular, they would give a very elegant look to your page and are something a little different to the classic black or white rub on.


There are also restocks of all the Fiskars products in store, including some very cool clear stamps that I have my eye on ;O) and of course the stamp press which imo is just the best thing since sliced bread for those large clear stamps, and when you want to stamp several stamps at the same time and know exactly where they are going to end up on your page. Stay tuned for an exciting upcoming class featuring the clear stamps and the stamp press.
Now if you haven't been down to the store yet and seen the new Cricut Expression in action you are missing something special. Get Joanne to show you just what this baby can do. She showed me a couple of its cool features yesterday and yes, I will admit it, I succumbed to the lure of the cricut! It is now sitting proudly in its new home on my dining table lol! Oh the joy of being able to cut something out that will fit across an entire page...oh the rapture of being able to cut a photo into a shape exactly where you intended to cut! Believe me you will be seeing a lot of cricuting in my upcoming work, in fact I have a work in progress which I will share soon featuring the most gorgeous swirly doodle done in about five seconds flat by my new best friend cricut :O)

And speaking of sharing work...I have some news to share with you about someone who is now working with me on our design team...introducing our newest design team member...

MEGAN RENFREE! Yay! Welcome Megan. Megan has been a friend of NZ Scrapbook for a long time and we are delighted to have her on the team. She does beautiful work featuring clean lines and she rocks boy pages which I know some of you struggle with. Her linear style is the perfect complement I think to my somewhat haphazard one lol, so you are getting the best of both worlds in terms of inspiration. Here I will let her tell you a little about herself...

Hi there,

My scrapbooking journey began officially 7 years ago, just after the birth of my eldest son Connor when I was online searching for some letter stickers to decorate an album. Unofficially I think I have always scrapbooked and have always loved cutting up stuff and creating old fashioned scrapbooks when I have travelled. I can safely say that Scrapbooking is my passion.

I am married to Mark, and have two boys, Connor who is 7 and Riley who is 4. Most of my layouts feature them as I love to capture their lives through our photos. I have a shocking memory, so it’s great to be able to create pages of moments that have happened and then be able to go back to them at a later date and remember the memories all over again.

I also love the creative aspect of scrapbooking. I feel like I have always scrapbooked in some way, and I have several paper scrapbooks that I have made when I have travelled prior to discovering scrapbook products and "Acid Free". My style is very linear, I like to use sharp lines and you don’t often see a project of mine that doesn’t include lots of bright bold patterned paper, chipboard, paint, ribbon, rubons and plenty of kindy glitz.

Megan and I have already begun creating layouts and you can see a couple we have completed recently in store, but I will share them here with you too. Here is a layout Megan created using Basic Grey and Lil Davis products:


See what I mean about fantastic boy pages?! And here is one from me featuring Heidi Grace Vineyard papers and embellishments, and Queen and Co large sequins. Last but not least (still there loyal readers?) remember we are still looking for three new design team members and you have until the end of August to get your entries in to me. I will announce the design team shortly after that. Entries are starting to come in and I must say it is going to be very difficult to choose, I am seeing some gorgeous work...kiwi scrappers rock imo! If you need the details again go here. Looking forward to seeing your work.


That's all for now, chat soon.

Jo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, this store sounds great! I'm so glad I work here!!

Anonymous said...

Grats to Megan!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Megan!!

Andrea said...

Love the layouts - congrats Megan!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Megan. Great layouts.