Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Product Favourites Evening: Painless Journaling STAFF PICKS!

Hi All!
Part of our Product Favourites Evening was some staff recommendations of what has helped us achieve Painless Journaling.


Teacher Michelle holding Journal cards from My Minds Eye

Michelle Recommends: Journal Cards
"I love these journal cards because they give ideas for journaling, add another layer and embellishment to my page and if I make a mistake I haven't written directly onto my layout"

Journal cards are available individually in store from 45c - $1.95 each


Wendy with her trusty dictionary and chipboard lettering.

Wendy Recommends: A Dictionary and Chipboard lettering
"My most used journaling item is my dictionary - I've had it since I was in school! Great when I get stumped for creative words and helps with spelling too. Also I like using chipboard letters to mark the beginning of a sentence or paragraph, it adds to the design".

Pictured Chipboard Lettering is from Bisous available in store or on our website


A recent layout of Ann's.
Congrats Ann for this layout being accepted into the Basic Grey Gallery!

Ann's Recommendation: Strip journaling.
"Strip journaling is a fun and informal way to add words to a page without writing onto my layout. Fast and easy too!"

Technique for strip journaling is very simple: Write or print onto cardstock in your desired colour leaving a small gap between lines. Cut out each line of journaling and ink the edges with stamping ink. Cut into lengths of your choice to suit the space on your layout and adhere to your page.


KaiserCraft Journaling Clear Stamps

Sharon's Recommendation: Journal block stamps
"Journal block stamps are great! I can stamp on any colour cardstock to match my layout and it gives me a cute journaling block and neat lines. Add another style element to my layouts"

KaiserCraft Journaling Clear Stamps are available in store or on our website for $21.95


Linda with K&Company Journal Prompt Stickers

Linda recommends: K&Company Journal Prompt Stickers
"I really like the questions and ideas for journaling on these stickers, some of the questions are thought provoking and they suit the family style heritage pages I like to make"

K&Company Journal Prompt Stickers are available individually in store for just 75c each.


Kathleen with her Journaling notebooks

Kathleen (that's me!) recommends: Journaling notebooks
"I write as soon as possible after a moment I want to remember. I find journaling straight away I capture details and emotion I would likely forget if I leave it too long. Plus when I get to do my layout or journals the writing is already done! BLISS! Plus its fun to be a rogue reviewer wherever I go..heheheh"

Pictured notebooks are Prima, Making Memories and Creative Imaginations available in store.


Hope that helps with your own journaling selections. I would love to hear your favourite journaling selections if you would like to post them in the comments!

Take care!
~Kathleen


No comments: