Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where Women Create - REVIEW

Where Women Create - Stampington & Company


Here I am at page 20 of Where Women Create. Still with almost 140 pages to read yet I can confidently post a rave review!


This is a book to be savoured, poured over, inspired by.
Each page will be turned without peeking ahead... completely taking my time. There is no question I would love this book. I adore looking at artist workspaces. The craftspersons workbench is where the magic begins! Plus don't get me started on my penchant for storage, decorative boxes, indexes, colour, memorabilia, history, stories... Where Women Create has it all. Perhaps if I read it hard enough some of it will spill over into my own work space.



I liked this quote by Rebecca Purcell, artist behind the first featured studio.
Exercise for honing aesthetic skills: Find an object that you are immediately drawn to and decipher why it attracts you. Do NOT settle for "I just like it!" Explore both the physical and psychological affects, as well as every detail. You may be surprised with what you learn.

... back to my coffee and magazine!

Where Women Create is available in store now!

No comments: