Friday, June 27, 2008

Cool product for ATC Collectors!

Hi all!

Being a bit of an ATC (Artist Trading Card) collector I am loving the new products in from 7Gyspies!

For those new to ATC's, artist trading cards are small card sized pieces of art that are traded among artists (this includes you! - stampers, scrapbookers, collage artist....) as a way of collecting a tiny piece of that persons art and in turn giving a little piece of your own.

In my own collection I have art from all around the world... from local gals here in NZ to Australia, USA, Denmark, France, Finland, Canada and Belgium. The styles are diverse and are fascinating to look through and a lot of fun to make!

The general rules for ATC's are that they are created at a standard size of 2 1/2"x 3 1/2" and are flat enough that they will slip into a card holder (embellishments are ok). Other than that, they can be made of card, fabric, plastic, photos.... hand drawn, stamped, painted, stitched... any theme under the sun or no theme at all! My favourite is to create a series and then number them - exclusive! hehehee

Here are a couple of my ATC's:

Using stamped images, scrapbooking papers and a label maker.

These ones use playing cards, stamped images, sewing findings and vintage images.

The other cool thing about ATC's is due to there small size you can usually finish a couple fairly quickly. I'm all for the accomplishment of completion!

Anyways!! The fun new stuff:

This ATC revolving stand is pretty wow-ish! What a cool way to display your collection.


This punch allows you to make slots in your cards so they attach onto the stand easily.

French Dictionary ATC bases. A perfect starting point to add your own designs.


These cards are called "97% Complete" add words, images, photos - your choice!


These are ATC sized alphabet transparencies. These would make a fantastic overlay on a ATC base... I'm also thinking pretty fab for lots of other collage and scrapbooking projects.

All the above product is currently available in store now.


Have a go at making your own ATC's. Don't forget to name them on the reverse and add your email and location.

Ooooh!!! If you let me know you are going to make one I will gladly swap you one of mine! email me :) I'm up for it!! Yes, I will send international :)

Byes for now
~Kathleen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katleen

Awesome ATC's. I am new to this hobby extension of scrapbooking and would love to establish an NZ connection. I have sent a few swaps to USA so far.
Happy to be contacted at e.salisbury@paradise.co.nz by anyone interested.
Cheers - Esther